I recently posted and asked for suggestions on what type of content you’d like to see on the blog and friend of mine suggested to give tips on overcoming Jet Lag.
I may actually do this as a segment on this blog if I get enough suggestions 🙂
To be honest, I have not found a way to completely eliminate jet lag when travelling. But I have done things that helped me recover from jet lag
Now these tips will be based on my experiences and struggles on how to overcome Jet Lag so it may or may not work for you but I do hope it’ll help you overcome it.
5 Tips on How to Overcome Jet Lag
- Sleep on the plane: Most Airlines, if not all of them, make sure they schedule their meals, “lights-off” time, etc. according to the country you’ll be flying to. So make sure that if you see them turn off the lights or dim the lights, start prepping for sleep. Sure, in-flight entertainment is available for most 10+hrs flights to help you kill time but you need to rest.
- Schedule Activities when you arrive: This applies to arrivals in the morning. Make sure you keep yourself awake for the whole day and try not to sleep. This way you’ll fall asleep at night. I know this is gonna be hard especially this is your first day on a new timezone but try your best to be awake. This will tie in really great with the next tip
- Sleep at Night: (duh). Yeah I know this is really obvious. I also know that we tend to use our phones to browse Social Media or watch Netflix to “make ourselves sleepy”. NO this does the opposite. Our brains think it needs to be more active because the eyes see bright and fast moving lights. Using your phone in bed would not help with overcoming Jet Lag since your whole body is confused about the time. Keep your phone away and concentrate on sleeping. If it’s really hard for you to sleep…
- Take meds / Sleeping Pills: like allergy pills or night cold/flu meds. Of course I don’t recommend this but If the above steps I’ve mentioned didn’t help you sleep at night, then there’s also this option.
- Eat Breakfast on time: One of the things I read about resetting your body clock is Eating Breakfast on time. This will tell your body that “Hey it’s morning time”.
If you’ve read and followed these tips, let me know if it worked for you!
Also, let me know if you have some techniques of your own as I’d like to try it out too!